Fabio Capello says he will leave Jiangsu Suning in 2018
The 71-year-old Italian confirmed that he will see out the remainder of his contract with Jiangsu Suning in 2018, but will move on next year.
Former Real Madrid and England coach Fabio Capello confirmed he will leave his Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning next year. The 71-year-old moved to China in June, leading Jiangsu to a 12th-place finish in the CSL.
Capello's China adventure coming to an end
The Italian has no plans to extend his stay beyond 2018, confirming that would mark the end of his stint at the club. "I have spoken with the chairman and I do not plan to renew," Capello told China's Xinhua news agency. "I will finish the season [in 2018] as per my contract."
Capello has been linked to the Italy job and struggling AC Milan, the club he won four Serie A titles and a Champions League with as coach in the 1990s.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In