Schalke cool Goretzka to Bayern talk
Schalke's sporting director insists he has heard nothing from Leon Goretzka or the Germany midfielder's agent about joining Bayern Munich.
Leon Goretzka has not told Schalke he will leave the club amid mounting speculation the Germany midfielder will join Bayern Munich.
Goretzka is out of contract at the Veltins Arena at the end of this season and has been linked with a host of leading European clubs, including Liverpool and Juventus.
Bayern appear to have stolen a march in the pursuit of the 22-year-old, with Sport Bild reporting on Sunday he had opted to join the Bundesliga champions ahead of Barcelona.
But Schalke's sporting director Christian Heidel told Sport 1 there is no done deal to discuss at this stage.
"Leon has not informed us so far that he has decided to leave us, " Heidel said.
"I trust Leon and his agent, with whom I was in contact yesterday [Sunday]."
Goretzka has helped Schalke to the lofty heights of second in the Bundesliga with four goals in 11 appearances this season on the back of a superb showing in Germany's Confederations Cup triumph, although a stress fracture in his lower leg has interrupted his progress of late.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In