Segunda B side Cerceda trapped overnight on snow-bound road
The Galician team were making their way to Madrid to play Navalcarnero but were thwarted by the weather. Four games have been postponed due to snow.
CCD Cerceda of Segunda División B were beaten by the weather as they made their way to Madrid to play Navalcarnero on Sunday, spending the night marooned on the A6 motorway as parts of Spain were hit by huge snowfalls and icy conditions.
Cerceda players and staff set off from Galicia on Saturday for the Sunday fixture against the southern Madrid side but made it only as far as the north-south A6 before becoming trapped in heavy snowfall along with hundreds of other motorists making journeys on the festive bank holiday weekend. The team bus was halted at around 21:00 on Saturday and remained there at Sunday lunchtime.
The game was called off along with three other Segunda B fixtures affected by the weather.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?