Míchel: "Alberto Bueno's arrival doesn't mean we've ruled out Sandro"
Míchel looked ahead to Monday's visit from Espanyol and spoke about the interest in bringing back Sandro despite the recent arrival of Alberto Bueno.
Málaga toast the start of the New Year by welcoming Espanyol to La Rosaleda in Monday's late night game and coach Míchel looked ahead to that game and also spoke about the reinforcements the club hopes to make during the winter window.
Alberto Bueno. “From the information I have been given: as from 30 December, the player underwent a medical with the permission of his club, Porto. All the paperwork has been signed - only our signature remains to be added (Al Thani still has to sign the deal off). It is the owner who has to sign the contract and that is beyond my duties”.
I still want Sandro, says Míchel
Does Alberto Bueno's arrival mean all attempts to bring Sandro back are off? “No. Not at all. The only thing that would impede more players from coming would be our economic situation. I am certainly not ruling it out. [Emanuel] Cecchini's departure has freed up a registration place and means we have a player off the payroll. That would allow us to, in theory, sign three players. But we're not going to go crazy changing things. I don't the chance of Sandro coming is completely ruled out, but any operation involving Sandro - either for us or for anyone else - we'd be looking at the last week of the transfer window. I don't know if the club is willing to wait for Sandro. I certainly am. But I don't know whether we have the economic means to make an effort to bring Sandro back. In comparison to other clubs in a similar economic position to us, we are losing players. One player left us (referring to Pape Diop) to join Eibar because their economic situation was more stable than ours".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?