Given the ongoing poor run of form that Real Madrid are experiencing, yesterday first team coach Zinedine Zidane deemed that the time was right to analyse and reflect on the problems with the squad. The side from the Bernabeu are currently fourth in the league table and a massive 16 points behind leaders Barcelona. The French coach later claimed: "This was a talk that was necessary not just a talk for the sake of it and the objective was to get something out of the meeting" he affirmed in the later press conference.
Zidane refused to go into detail on what was discussed in the session with his squad which lasted just over 45 minutes but in the meeting the Frenchman appealed for his squad to reflect and analyse current issues with the key Champions League tie against PSG looming on the horizon. Zizou claimed that the team would work harder then ever adding that the current problem was not a physical or mental issue but a combination of many factors. He proclaimed: "When a player is going through a bad patch, I'm not going to leave him in the shit. It's something for us all to contend with. We're all to blame and we're all in the same boat".
Younger player unrest
However on last night's El Larguero radio show, they Cadena Ser show declared that despite the club's claims that the meeting was held in the gym, Zidane held the meeting on the training pitch some 53 minutes later than the scheduled training time and reflected on a "critical situation" affecting the team where both Sergio Ramos and Cristiano Ronaldo offered their respective views on the situation affecting the current LaLiga champions.
The younger members of the squad were also allowed to voice their opinion and Zidane was recriminated with the claim that "it's not true to state that those who train the hardest get to play". During the radio show they also affirmed that the player from the squad also concluded that it was a "necessary" meeting but "somewhat boring and of limited productivity".
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA - VILLARREAL | VALVERDE Valverde: "It's not normal to have 3 penalties given against you in 6 games"
- Premier League Kick It Out condemn Bernardo Silva 'Conguitos' tweet
- GRANADA 2-0 BARCELONA Barça: Luis Suárez nabbed on camera calling lino a "cone"
- BAYERN MUNICH Luca Toni: "It's very difficult to criticise Lewandowski, he's one of the best"
- Serie A Juventus: Sarri waits on Ronaldo fitness ahead of Brescia test
- International football UEFA hands Slovakia, Hungary and Romania stadium closures