Real Madrid are reportedly ready to do everything in their power to lure Paris Saint-Germain's Neymar to the Bernabéu in the summer - including offering Cristiano Ronaldo to the Ligue 1 giants as part of the deal.
Pérez to swoop for Neymar after World Cup, says SER
According to the Cadena SER programme 'El Larguero', the signing of Neymar is a matter of "obsession" for Real president Florentino Pérez, who it says would wait until after the World Cup in Russia to make his move for the ex-Barcelona star.
Speaking in early December, Pérez did not hide that he has previously sought to secure the forward's services, telling 'El Larguero': "Being at Madrid would make it easier for Neymar to win the Ballon d'Or. Madrid is a club that gives big players what they need."
PSG chief: Neymar signing for Real "impossible"
However, PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaif last month categorically declared that Neymar joining Real Madrid is "impossible".
The 25-year-old left Barça for PSG for a world-record 222m euros in August, but has not had an easy first five months in Paris. Early in the season, he was involved in a high-profile spat with team-mate Edinson Cavani over penalty-taking duties, while he has also endured a frosty relationship with the French media.
Nevertheless, he has registered excellent figures in his maiden campaign in France, scoring 20 goals and supplying 14 assists in 22 appearances, as part of a lethal strikeforce also featuring Cavani and teenage sensation Kylian Mbappé.
PSG to face Real Madrid in Champions League last 16
Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid will face each other in the last 16 of the Champions League in February and March.
Te recomendamos en English
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US ECONOMY Third stimulus relief bill: will there be student loan forgiveness?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check, $1,400, coronavirus and latest US news live
- CORNELLÀ VS BARCELONA Cornellà 0-2 Barcelona, Copa del Rey: result, summary and goals
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: when could it arrive after Biden becomes President?
- US NEWS What's Joe Biden promised to do on his first 100 days in government?