Coutinho will not wear number 7 as Barca save it for Griezmann
According to Fox, the number 7, which Antoine Griezmann wears because of David Beckham is saved since Arda Turan's departure from Barcelona. LAFC vs LA Galaxy: Vela vs Zlatan live online, MLS week 25
Philippe Coutinho will wear the number 14 at Barcelona, the number that is currently occupied by Javier Mascherano. According to Fox Argentina, the number 7 left vacant since the departure of Arda Turan is being kept for Antoine Griezmann next summer.
The Brazilian signed for Barcelona in a €160m move as he became the second most expensive signing in the history of the club. He has not played due to an injury but will be all set for his debut next week.
Coutinho's return would speed up Mascherano's move to China as the two can not wear the same number. The Argentine's time at Barcelona is already winding down with the arrival of Yerry Mina, who will wear the number 24 shirt.
Antoine Griezmann will remain at Atlético Madrid until the end of the season before Barcelona and Manchester United do battle for the French striker. The 26-year-old's release clause, which is currently set at €200 million will drop to the original figure of €100 million in the summer. Guillermo Amor of Barcelona's Institutional Relations department said that the club was in contact in Griezmann's people, which caused its own problems. The reports from Argentina, however, suggest a deal could be drawing closer to a conclusion.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Abidal: "Problem with Messi? I've learned a lot of things during the past few days"
- GETAFE 2 - AJAX 0 Bordalás: "Ajax are still the favourites, no doubt about it"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Willian keen to to remain in London as Chelsea contract runs down
- BARCELONA Messi and Kluivert, previous owners of the No.19 shirt at Barcelona
- Flick relaxed about future and aiming to establish own philosophy amid Guardiola comparisons
- Europa League Getafe serve Ajax shock defeat at the Coliseum