Messi makes football better, says beaten Real Betis goalkeeper
Antonio Adan might be a former Real Madrid man but that did not stop the Real Betis goalkeeper from marvelling at Lionel Messi's genius.
Lionel Messi makes football better, according to Real Betis goalkeeper Antonio Adan, even after the Barcelona superstar piled misery upon him on Sunday.
After defeat keeper praises Messi-effect
Messi inspired a devastating second-half performance from Barcelona, scoring twice and creating another for Luis Suarez as Ernesto Valverde's LaLiga leaders stormed to a 5-0 win at Estadio Benito Villamarin.
25 - Lionel Messi is the only La Liga player to score 25+ goals in each of the last 10 seasons in all competitions. Tireless. pic.twitter.com/Ria8Ivz1oP— OptaJose (@OptaJose) January 21, 2018
The result extended Barca's advantage at the summit over Atletico Madrid to 11 points and Real Madrid youth graduate Adan was left in awe, having mistakenly felt his team-mates might have had Messi under control.
"It's spectacular. In the first half he had not appeared. He seemed to be walking," the 30-year-old told Cadena Ser.
"But he takes four balls to score two goals and give two assists. He makes this sport better."
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In