Diego Costa returns and is set to start against Las Palmas
The Atlético Madrid striker is ahead of schedule and the idea is to not force his return but he is needed against a goal-hungry Las Palmas side.
Atlético Madrid training came with good news on Friday: Diego Costa is back with the group. The striker did all of the same exercises as his teammates, some with the physical trainer and later made up the eleven that could played against Las Palmas. The formation looked like this: Oblak; Juanfran, Giménez, Godín, Lucas; Correa, Gabi, Saúl, Koke; Griezmann, Diego Costa.
It looks as though Simeone will play a 4-4-2 after switching to a 3-4-2-1 against Girona and Sevilla. Vrsaljko is out with a suspension and Juanfran is his replacement. Other who remain out are Stefan Savic as a managerial decision along with Filipe Luis and Augusto Fernandez. They did the same exercises as the group but did it with a different group.
Diego Costa injured himself against Girona and missed the game against Sevilla at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. The idea is not to push Costa but he did train with his teammates and with three goals and two assists in his five games, his side need him.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Mexico to battle for bronze in Olympic softball
- OLYMPIC GAMES What the USWNT needs to advance to the quarter-finals at Tokyo 2020
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Who is in the USA golf team at the Tokyo Olympics 2021?