Real Sociedad will exchange Iñigo Martínez shirts for new ones
"He's history", said Real Sociedad about their initiative to recycle Iñigo Martínez's shirt. The player moved to rivals Athletic Club.
Real Sociedad were seriously not happy when their defender Iñigo Martínez decided to move to Basque rivals Athletic Club, to fill the hole left by Aymeric Laporte, with his move to Manchester City.
Real Sociedad want to wipe Martínez from their history
La Real clearly saw the move as a betrayal, and have decided they'd be happy to wipe the player's name from their history. The club have offered to exchange any shirt bearing the player's name with a shirt from this season, with the name of their choice.
Iñigo Martínez moved to Athletic, with the the Bilbao club paying his buy-out clause of 32 million euros. He also rubbed salt in the wound, saying "I'm going to a big club, here it's not enough to finish mid-table".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?