Nico Gaitán included in Atlético Madrid's Europa League squad
Atleti registered two new players - Vitolo and Diego Costa and withdrew the names of another two - Vietto and Beijing Renhe's new signing, Augusto.
The deadline for clubs to submit their squad lists for the next stage of the Champions League and the Europa League. Atlético de Madrid have sent their squad list off to UEFA for their participation in the Europa League - compensation for finishing third in their Champions League group. Two players have been added to the initial list which was sent to Nyon in September - Diego Costa and Vitolo. And two players have been withdrawn from the Champions League: Luciano Vietto and Augusto Fernández. Nico Gaitán, who remains at the club after turning down offers from Mexico and England, figures in the 25-man 'A' list. Offers from China and Russia - Zenit to be precise, remain open to the Argentine, who is out of favour with Diego Simeone.
Reserve team players in the B list
Atlético also had to submit a B list to UEFA for their Europa League campaign. There was no changes to the original list sent in September which included reserve team players: Rafa Muñoz, Sergi and Olabe.
Augusto meanhwhile, was officially presented by Beijing Renhe today. The Argentine midfielder was welcomed to the club by Spanish coach Luis García.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Osaka taking it "one notch at a time" after beating Golubic
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online