'Gladbach' come to stumbling reporter's rescue
Borussia Mönchengladbach trolled a reporter who struggled to pronounce their name right and gave him, with good humour, the perfect piece of advice to help him in the future.
Borussia Mönchengladbach trolled a Sky Sports reporter who struggled to pronounce their name right and gave him, with good humour, the perfect piece of advice to help him in the future.
The journalist got completely tongue-tied while trying to utter the words 'Borussia Mönchengladbach' and in the end, gave in after several attempts.
Known for their good sense of humour and understanding on their official Twitter account, 'Gladbach, came back with some handy advice, tweeting: "Next deadline day, just stick to 'A German Team'".
Blokes had an absolute mare 😂😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/oO0AxJCust— Liam Harries (@harries88) 31 January 2018
It's not the first time...
In 2016, a Glasgow pub advertised a Champions League match between Gladbach and Celtic with several failed attempts to spell the name of the German club correctly chalked on a notice board outside. In the end, they gave up trying to spell the 15-letter name and simply wrote "A German Team..." and left it at that.
Mönchengladbach posted a picture of the failed effort on their Twitter account and changed their name to the new moniker.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?