Real Madrid "missed their chance" to find a substitute for Benzema, says Illgner
The ex-Real Madrid goalkeeper felt the club should have brought a striker in during the January window to "put pressure on Benzema".
Former Real Madrid goalkeeper Bodo Illgner has criticized his former employers for failing to upgrade the squad during the recent transfer window. The German believes that Madrid have missed the chance to bring new blood into the side, who are trailing Barcelona by 19 points in the league and out of the Copa del Rey.
Illgner took to Twitter to voice his concerns, publishing the following tweet as trading came to an end on Deadline Day: "A missed chance to bring fresh air to the squad and to put some pressure on Benzema!" #HalaMadrid #RealMadrid #LaLiga #TransferDeadlineDay".
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United