Morocco 4-0 Nigeria 2018 African Nations Championship: goals, action, report
Atlético Madrid linked with a move for Morocco striker Ayoub El Kaabi. Read more.
Morocco sauntered to a first African Nations Championship title with a 4-0 mauling of Nigeria in Casablanca.
Zakaria Hadraf opened the scoring on the brink of half-time, after Banoune and Jbira had combined neatly on the left flank. The Atlas Lions had dominated the first half, with star-man Ayoub El Kaabi grazing the crossbar with a bicycle kick.
Nigeria were inferior, and the disadvantage became numerical two minutes in to the second half, when 18-year-old Moses Eneji collected a second booking for an overenthusiastic tackle.
Morocco took full advantage. Ismael El Haddadi tormented the stretched Nigerian defence, but it was El Karti who doubled the lead with half an hour remaining. Three minutes later, Hadraf added his second and Morocco's third.
El Kaabi applied a layer of gloss to the victory in the 73rd minute, pouncing on a loose ball to score his ninth goal of the tournament. It was a fitting end from the player who has shone brighter than any other in Morocco.
Morocco 4-0 Nigeria: as it happened
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension