Morocco 4-0 Nigeria 2018 African Nations Championship: goals, action, report
Atlético Madrid linked with a move for Morocco striker Ayoub El Kaabi. Read more.
Morocco sauntered to a first African Nations Championship title with a 4-0 mauling of Nigeria in Casablanca.
Zakaria Hadraf opened the scoring on the brink of half-time, after Banoune and Jbira had combined neatly on the left flank. The Atlas Lions had dominated the first half, with star-man Ayoub El Kaabi grazing the crossbar with a bicycle kick.
Nigeria were inferior, and the disadvantage became numerical two minutes in to the second half, when 18-year-old Moses Eneji collected a second booking for an overenthusiastic tackle.
Morocco took full advantage. Ismael El Haddadi tormented the stretched Nigerian defence, but it was El Karti who doubled the lead with half an hour remaining. Three minutes later, Hadraf added his second and Morocco's third.
El Kaabi applied a layer of gloss to the victory in the 73rd minute, pouncing on a loose ball to score his ninth goal of the tournament. It was a fitting end from the player who has shone brighter than any other in Morocco.
Morocco 4-0 Nigeria: as it happened
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...