European Cup: Cristiano Ronaldo has more goals than 463 clubs
Ronaldo's Champions League goals against PSG mean he has scored fewer than only 48 of the 511 clubs to have played in the European Cup.
Cristiano Ronaldo's brace against Paris Saint-Germain took him to 116 goals in the Champions League, consolidating his status as the tournament's all-time top scorer - and adding to a continental haul that is larger than most clubs'.
Only 48 European Cup clubs have more goals than Cristiano
Since the European Cup began in 1955, 511 teams have featured in the competition, but only 48 have managed more goals than Cristiano.
The Portuguese is just behind CSKA Moscow's total of 117, while he is only two short of drawing level with his first club, Sporting CP, who are on 118, alongside FC Copenhagen, 1978 runners-up Club Brugge, and Fenerbahce. He is also close to reeling in the 122 of AS Roma, themselves finalists in 1984.
Buenos días! Today's @diarioas front page: Cristiano League - Ronaldo has more #UCL goals (116) than 463 of the 511 clubs that have played in the European Cuphttps://t.co/nn6jzGzT7X pic.twitter.com/hgITl9bMDO— AS English (@English_AS) 16 February 2018
Cristiano has 10.9% of Real Madrid's European Cup goals
He is out in front of big names like Man City (102) and Napoli (60), and such is his scoring impact on the continent's elite competition that his 101 for Real mean he is responsible for 10.9% of the 12-time winners' 929 European Cup goals.
Barcelona, Valencia and Atlético Madrid are the only other Spanish clubs to have netted more than Cristiano, who does outstrip Los Rojiblancos' 107 in the Champions League era.
European Cup clubs with more goals than Cristiano
*As of 15 February 2018.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win