Fabregas still wary of timeless Andres Iniesta
Iniesta's qualities make him a formidable player regardless of his age, according to Chelsea's Cesc Fabregas.
Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas says the danger posed by Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta has not diminished with age.
Fabregas will face his former team-mate and compatriot when the Catalans visit Stamford Bridge for the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Tuesday.
Iniesta, 33, has been used with caution by head coach Ernesto Valverde, having only completed 90 minutes twice this season in all competitions.
The Spain star was substituted in the second half of Saturday's 0-2 LaLiga win at Eibar and is almost certain to start against Chelsea, with January signing Philippe Coutinho ineligible.
Tres puntos muy valiosos delante de un equipo que lo puso muy difícil. Grande Equipo!!! pic.twitter.com/9VEfSo3pS4— Andrés Iniesta (@andresiniesta8) February 17, 2018
And Fabregas has no doubt Iniesta remains a fine player, especially as he has rarely had to rely on physical qualities in his career.
"He's still good; for this type of player, age doesn't really matter," said Fabregas.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22