James leaving Real Madrid was the best thing, says father
Bayern Munich attacker James Rodriguez was right to leave Real Madrid, his dad said.
James Rodriguez's move from Real Madrid to Bayern Munich was the best decision he could make, according to his father.
Happy James in Germany
After struggling for game time at the Santiago Bernabeu, James departed to the German giants on a two-year loan deal in July.
The Colombian has impressed in the Bundesliga, scoring four times and providing six assists in 16 games.
His father, Wilson Rodriguez, said the 26-year-old's decision to leave Madrid was a good one.
"My son did well leaving Real Madrid for Bayern Munich, he is very happy in Germany," he told Colombian media.
"I see him living a calm and cheerful life and it's incredibly important for him to perform on the pitch.
Still in love with Los Blancos and Zidane
"He loves Real Madrid a lot, I don't think anybody can ever doubt that, however, the best thing he could do was leave the team.
"He had lost the sporting joy on the pitch that he had when [Carlo] Ancelotti was coach."
After making 29 league starts for Madrid in 2014-15, James made fewer than 18 in the two seasons that followed.
Wilson Rodriguez said James looked up to Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane, who took over in January 2016.
"Zidane was one of James' footballing idols, but that doesn't mean that the coach won't decide that my son can't fit into his team," he said.
"However, you will never hear my son talk badly about the French coach or criticise him for something related to football."
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?