Luka Modric and Marcelo are in a race to be fit to face Paris Saint-Germain after Real Madrid today confirmed that both players have hamstring injuries.
Modric absent from training, Marcelo injured at Betis
Modric was a surprise absentee from training this morning as Real prepared for Wednesday's rearranged LaLiga clash at Leganés. Having been rested at Real Betis on Sunday, he had been able to take part in yesterday's opening session of the week.
Meanwhile, Marcelo limped off against Betis after pulling up in the first half of Los Merengues' 5-3 league victory in Seville.
Modric and Marcelo likely to be out for two to three weeks
Real Madrid have not offered a timeframe on either player's recovery, but Diario AS's medical expert, Dr. José González, says they can expect a period of between two and three weeks on the sidelines.
Real visit PSG in the second leg of the Champions League last 16 on 6 March.
Modric hamstring "flared up" - Zidane
"Modric's hamstring has flared up a bit," Zidane said this lunchtime ahead of Real's week 16 LaLiga fixture at Butarque, which was postponed due to their involvement in the Club World Cup in December.
"We're focusing on getting Luka back quickly. As always, I have faith in everyone who works here: the physios, the club doctors... Hopefully we'll get him back with us quickly."
Kroos, Vallejo continue recoveries
Jesús Vallejo and Toni Kroos, who is also a doubt for the trip to Paris after being ruled out with a knee ligament problem on Friday, continued to work away from the group as they recover from injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold