Rafinha: Barcelona man hoping to seal permanent Inter move
Inter have an option to buy Rafinha from Barcelona for 38 million euros and the Brazilian wants a permanent switch to the Serie A side.
Barcelona midfielder Rafinha hopes his loan spell at Inter is converted into a permanent transfer.
Rafinha joined Inter in the January transfer window but is yet to start for Luciano Spalletti's side, making four substitute appearances in Serie A.
Rafinha not planning on going back to Barcelona
Inter have an option to purchase Rafinha before the end of his loan in a 35-million-euro deal that could rise by a further 3m and the Brazilian plans a long-term stay in Milan, with no return to Camp Nou on his agenda.
"Of course, that's what I want. I did not come here thinking that I will recover my form and go back to Barcelona," Rafinha told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I want to stay here, then all else will depend on Inter.
"Apart from [Spalletti's] football preparation, I like people like him who tell you things to your face. We had already spoken on the phone when I was still in Barcelona. He knows that I can play in all positions in midfield, but also in attack."
Rafinha missed much of 2017 due to knee injuries but is fit and ready to aid Inter in their battle to qualify for the Champions League, the Nerazzurri sitting fifth in Serie A.
Rafinha unperturbed by lack of starts so far
"Now I feel good, I'm finding the right rhythm, I'm happy with my condition and I'm adapting," Rafinha said.
"I would say that every player wants to start matches from the beginning, but between the physical recovery and the need to understand a new style of football I think the approach was the best.
"It's better, some pains are quite normal after months of inactivity, but everything is going in the right direction, I feel close to the top."
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: fight card, TV & how to watch online
- OTHER SPORTS Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: how much does the winner make?
- NFL Stafford give Rams slight edge in blockbuster Bucs clash
- NBA Clippers chief unsure if Kawhi Leonard will play this season
- NBA NBA denies Warriors star Wiggins' request for covid-19 vaccination exemption