Modest Chambly make history on same night club founder dies
The French outfit were founded in 1989 by Walter Luzi who sadly passed away shortly after his team had dispatched Strasbourg in the French cup.
FC Chambly were founded in 1989 and last night the modest side from the Picardy region of France made history knocking out Ligue 1 Racing Strasbourg side from the quarter-finals of the 2017/18 Coupe de France.
The third division now side now will face a semi-final tie against Les Herbiers, PSG or the winner of tonight's Caen-Olympique Lyon tie.
29-year-old Lassana Doucoure was the hero for the men in black scoring a late 83rd minute winner at the compact Pierre Brisson Stadium in Beauvais.
The joy for the lower league side was short-lived however as shortly after the final whistle, it was confirmed that the founder of the club, 77-year-old Walter Luzi passed away at the Beaumont sur Oise hospital. Luzi's sons Fluvio and Bruno are key pillars in the football club carrying out vital roles as club president and first team coach respectively.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win