LAS PALMAS 1 - BARCELONA 1
Paco Jémez: "I like Mateu Lahoz and his little quirks"
Paco Jemez discussed Mateu Lahoz' performance and said "to me he seems different, sometimes you need to interpret why he whistled because only he knows"
Paco Jemez spoke to the media after his side managed to get a point from Barcelona, which is his first as a manager on his ninth attempt.
Did you speak to your players: "I prefer to leave it to them to enjoy it and I will talk after. With the players, there is very little to say. The satisfaction to get a positive result and show good things is sufficient award."
What did you like most? "A little bit of everything. I still think that we lacked more of the ball, but today we took a step forward. We did many things and the sensation in defense was really food. In terms of sacrifice. Barcelona hardly had a shot."
Calleri said that the best of Las Palmas is down to Paco Jemez: "No, I do my work, the responsibility of the good things is down to the players and the bad is that of the trainers. That is how I understand it. I I tried to change the mentality that they were not good. At the end if we achieve salvation and it will be more merit to them."
Performance of Mateu Lahoz: "The feeling I have is that both are hand balls. Later, we can interpret if they are involuntary or not. I saw two hand balls."
Mateu's style: "I like Mateu, with his little quirks... I like the manner in which he referees. It's my opinion, it doesn't mean that I like one performance. I have always had admiration because to me he seems different. On occassion, you have to interpret what he whistled because sometimes only he knows but I like him."
A point against Barcelona: "More about what it can do for staying in LaLiga is the moral strengthening to get a result against Barcelona. It's a point more, but this moral strengthening will give us the impulse to go and win games."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Mexico to battle for bronze in Olympic softball
- OLYMPIC GAMES What the USWNT needs to advance to the quarter-finals at Tokyo 2020
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Who is in the USA golf team at the Tokyo Olympics 2021?