Barcelona need 25 more points to reclaim LaLiga from Real Madrid
No team has lost the title race after being eight points clear with 11 matches remaining. Barça will play six matches at Camp Nou, including El Clásico. LAFC vs LA Galaxy: Vela vs Zlatan live online, MLS week 25
“The confetti will start to come out again,” Ernesto Valverde warned after Lionel Messi’s free-kick sealed a 1-0 victory for Barcelona over Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou. The win moves Barça eight points clear at the top of the LaLiga table, yet they still need 25 more to mathematically secure the title.
Barcelona helped by favourable goal difference
If second-placed Atlético win every match between now and the end of the season they will finish the campaign with 94 points. Barça currently have 69 points. Given the Catalan side’s far superior goal difference, they need 25 points from their 11 remaining matches.
Barça will attempt to resolve the matter at Camp Nou. They have six matches on home soil (Athletic, Leganés, Valencia, Villarreal, Real Madrid, and Real Sociedad), and five on the road (Málaga, Sevilla, Celta, Deportivo, and Levante). Encouragingly for Barça, no side has ever let the LaLiga title slip from their grasp after having an eight-point advantage with 11 matches remaining.
Valverde chases Pep's records
Ernesto Valverde’s side is unlikely to equal the points total achieved by Pep Guardiola’s team in 2010-11; at the same stage that year Barcelona had 74 points, five more than the current side. Valverde is also four matches away from equaling Guardiola’s best run of 31 matches unbeaten.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in New York (NY): how to claim my extra 300$
- Amazon Prime Day Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: what’s happening with the $1,200 plan being pushed by Democrats?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- Supreme Court Who are the possible nominees Trump could name to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg?