Sergio Ramos had to leave the field to answer an urgent call of nature during Real Madrid's win at Eibar, Zinedine Zidane has admitted.
Real were temporarily reduced to 10 men when Ramos unexpectedly made his way to the dressing rooms after 73 minutes of Saturday's LaLiga clash at Ipurua.
"Ramos shat himself a little bit"
"He shat himself a little bit," was Real coach Zidane's blunt post-match response when asked about Ramos, who rejoined the play after a five-minute absence.
Típico apretón. / Nature calls.🤭— Sergio Ramos (@SergioRamos) 10 March 2018
Salir. Entrar. / Out & back in. 🏃🏻♂
Vuelta a la carga. / Reload. 🔋
Gol del equipo. / Team goal. ⚽️
Y vuelta a casa. / Back home. 🏠
¡Seguimos! / Let's keep it up.💪#HalaMadrid pic.twitter.com/2r67vxEZlq
The 31-year-old defender could not be replaced as Real Madrid had already made their three permitted substitutions.
Cristiano double clinches three points for Real
Two goals by Cristiano Ronaldo, either side of an equaliser by Iván Ramis, saw third-placed Real run out 2-1 winners in the Basque Country.
Los Blancos remain 15 points behind leaders Barcelona, who secured a 2-0 victory at Málaga later in the day.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Lampard calls for defensive improvements amid rumours of a clear-out
- Premier League Liverpool: Toure identifies Van Dijk's "weak spot"
- MANCHESTER CITY - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Valverde, Isco or Asensio - three into one for City
- CORONAVIRUS Li-Meng Yan: coronavirus was developed in Chinese military lab
- US Open Zverev joins list of stars unsure about playing at U.S. Open
- Barcelona Barcelona: Pochettino open to coaching Messi at Camp Nou