Sergio Ramos had to leave the field to answer an urgent call of nature during Real Madrid's win at Eibar, Zinedine Zidane has admitted.
Real were temporarily reduced to 10 men when Ramos unexpectedly made his way to the dressing rooms after 73 minutes of Saturday's LaLiga clash at Ipurua.
"Ramos shat himself a little bit"
"He shat himself a little bit," was Real coach Zidane's blunt post-match response when asked about Ramos, who rejoined the play after a five-minute absence.
Típico apretón. / Nature calls.🤭— Sergio Ramos (@SergioRamos) 10 March 2018
Salir. Entrar. / Out & back in. 🏃🏻♂
Vuelta a la carga. / Reload. 🔋
Gol del equipo. / Team goal. ⚽️
Y vuelta a casa. / Back home. 🏠
¡Seguimos! / Let's keep it up.💪#HalaMadrid pic.twitter.com/2r67vxEZlq
The 31-year-old defender could not be replaced as Real Madrid had already made their three permitted substitutions.
Cristiano double clinches three points for Real
Two goals by Cristiano Ronaldo, either side of an equaliser by Iván Ramis, saw third-placed Real run out 2-1 winners in the Basque Country.
Los Blancos remain 15 points behind leaders Barcelona, who secured a 2-0 victory at Málaga later in the day.
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER CITY Man City: David Silva's legacy ahead of 400th appearance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: 'Operation Neymar' depends on Dembélé
- REAL MADRID 1-1 VALADOLID Real Madrid: Bernabéu return a 'unique feeling' - James
- REAL MADRID Varane: "We played really well, we deserved a better result"
- FOOTBALL Guardiola stuns Bernabéu as Madrid struggle in home opener
- MANCHESTER UNITED Solskjaer "lost for words" after Rashford suffers racist abuse