"I'm 2,000% sure Neymar will remain at PSG," stated the French club's president Al Khelaifi, with a confident smile on his face. This was before his side were eliminated from the Champions League by Real Madrid.
Neymar has his price
Even back then, it was obvious that the Brazilian did not feel comfortable in Paris. The subsequent injury of Neymar and how events have evolved since - heading to Brazil for the operation and avoiding PSG - have got their leader somewhat worried. The news that AS reported on Friday has really put the frighteners up the president.
After that news that representativs of Real Madrid had met in Paris with Neymar's father and lawyers, Al Khelaifi knew that a figure of 400 million euros was being quoted as sufficient to take the player from the French to the Spanish capital.
Not 2,000% sure; not even 100%
Mind-blowing player investment has taken place under Al Khelaifi at PSG with the aim to take the Champions League crown but, even with the Neymar cherry on top on their well-iced Qatari-funded cake, this has escaped them for another year. And while the president is bending over backwards to keep the Brazilian and his entourage happy - recently praising his father publicly - it now seems that Al Khelaifi has lost the trust and wants to talk to Neymar directly, thus making the trip to his homeland.
He is not 2,000% sure that he'll stay anymore; he's not even 100% sure.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?