Mo Salah’s incredible goal-scoring form for Liverpool this season has seen the Egypt international eclipse Fernando Torres’ 33 goals in 2007-08, which remains a record for a Liverpool player in their debut season at Anfield.
Salah now has 36 goals in all competitions this season, 28 of them in the Premier League, which has also propelled him to the top of the charts for the European Golden Boot, ahead of Leo Messi, Harry Kane and Edinson Cavani.
Salah on course to smash Premier League record
Salah is now also just three goals away from matching the record for goals in a 38-game Premier League season, held jointly by Alan Shearer, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suárez.
At his current rate of scoring, Salah is also on track to break the record for a 42-game season of 34, set by Andy Cole in 1993-94 and matched a year later by Shearer.
European Golden Boot standing
|Salah (Liverpool)||56 points (28 goals)|
|Messi (Barcelona)||48 points (24 goals)|
|Kane (Tottenham)||48 points (24 goals)|
|Cavani (PSG)||48 points (24 goals)|
|Immobile (Lazio)||48 points (24 goals)|
|Jonas (Benfica)||46.5 points (31 goals)|
|Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)||46 points (23 goals)|
|Luis Suárez (Barcelona)||42 points (21 goals)|
|Agüero (Manchester City)||42 points (21 goals)|
|Neymar (PSG)||40 points (20 goals)|
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Paris still displaying Neymar love
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Spanish government say Clásico at Camp Nou is 'not sensible'
- BARCELONA Barcelona change Eibar travel plans to avoid Catalan strike
- PREMIER LEAGUE Dier urges Spurs to "embrace the situation" they have created
- FC Barcelona Messi's greatest goals across 15 years at Camp Nou
- SERIE A Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"