Cristiano: Operation Pichichi with Messi's goal haul now in reach
Barcelona's Messi on 25 goals leads the top scorers chart in LaLiga but with another batch for the Real Madrid machine, catching his greatest rival is no longer an impossible dream. LAFC vs LA Galaxy: Vela vs Zlatan live online, MLS week 25
With Barcelona's LaLiga lead already 15 points, Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo has found a new motivation for scoring goals in the domestic competition: the Pichichi.
Cristiano hot on Messi's heels
Barça's Lionel Messi sits atop that individual list on 25 goals, but this is now only three more than his eternal Madrid rival. And with the vast majority of Cristiano's 22 goals coming since the turn of the year, the deficit has been gradually closing and now catching the little Argentinian looks a real possibility. Thanks to a four-goal haul on Sunday, Los Blancos' number seven is now second top scorer in the league, one better than Messi's teammate Luis Suárez.
This incredible vein of scoring form that the Portuguese star is on can be further seen from the ratio of his shots to goals. In the first half of the season he required more than 23 shots for every goal. So far in the second half of the campaign he has needed less than four shots to have the goalkeeper pick the ball out of the net.
50 career hat-tricks for Cristiano Ronaldo 💪 pic.twitter.com/I1deysoOqz— B/R Football (@brfootball) 18 March 2018
Golden Shoe not impossible for CR7
With only four goals to his name in that first round of games, his eighteen in nine since the midway point has got him positioned as one of Europe's hottest strikers once again. Not only is Spain's Pichichi in sight, but he may also have eyes on the Golden Shoe. Liverpool's Mo Salah also scored a double-brace at the weekend against Watford and leads the way on 56 points (28 goals).
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?