Messi plans to return for Argentina in Spain friendly
Lionel Messi intends to return from a hamstring problem when Argentina meet Spain at the Wanda Metropolitano on Tuesday evening.
Lionel Messi says he plans to be involved in Argentina's friendly with Spain on Tuesday, despite concerns over a hamstring injury.
Messi out of Italy win in Italy
The Barcelona star sat out the 2-0 win over Italy at the Etihad Stadium last Friday after admitting a muscle problem had been bothering him "for some time".
However, the 30-year-old hopes to feature against Julen Lopetegui's side at the Wanda Metropolitano.
"I was excited to be able to take part in the game against Italy, but I'm happy with the group's meet-up, I'm feeling good," he told Fox Sports.
"In principle, the idea is to play against Spain. I'm going to see how I am."
Last chance for World Cup glory?
The Barcelona forward admitted last week the 2018 World Cup could well be his last chance to win the trophy, having been disappointed in the tournaments of 2006, 2010 and 2014.
"We always think it's the last chance to be world champions," he reiterated. "An important generation is passing and a lot of players are going to change. We take it as a nice opportunity.
"You have to think about this, that it'll be the last time and try to take advantage of that chance."
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In