RUSSIA 1 - 3 FRANCE
France's Kylian Mbappé off injured after brace against Russia
The PSG forward showed plenty of class in the comfortable victory in the international friendly but there were concerned faces as he asked to leave the field.
According to reports coming from French daily L´Equipe, Kylian Mbappé left the field in the friendly against Russia injured.
The Paris Saint-Germain forward had shown some of the form seen at Monaco and PSG that earned him the international call up, including getting on the score sheet for the first time in a France shirt. That goal in the 39th minute made him the youngest to score away for home for Les Bleus since René Gérard 85 years ago.
Mbappé then went on to get a second in the 82nd minute before being substituted for the much-rumoured Liverpool and Arsenal target Lemar just a couple of minutes later.
The 19-year old reportedly went off with discomfort in his left foot and immediately had it treated with ice. France won the game 3-1 with Paul Pogba scoring a stunning free kick just after the break before Fedor Smolov pulled one back for Russia.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 25 July
- HEALTHCARE What is the Candida auris 'superbug' fungal infection spreading in the US? What are the symptoms?
- US NEWS What is critical race theory? What topics were cut under Texas’ new anti-CRT education bill?
- Concacaf Gold Cup USA vs Jamaica live: 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup Quarter-final online
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Katie Ledecky medals, swimming finals, medal count results today July 25
- Olympic Games Tokyo Olympics 2021: When does Team USA Gymnastics and Simone Biles compete? dates and times