Both Sergio Ramos and Paulo Dybala will miss the return leg of the quarter-final on Wednesday 11 April at the Santiago Bernabéu.
Ramos yellow, Dybala red
Madrid's central defender saw a yellow card in the 54th minute after knocking Dybala to the ground on the edge of the area. He knew coming on to the field that he was walking a tightrope. Dybala himself was shown a red card not too long after. This came in the form of two bookings on the night in Turin, first for simulation and after for a high challenge, deemed dangerous, on Dani Carvajal.
The absence of Ramos would have been seen as a huge blow to Zidane especially as the natural cover is from Nacho, recently confirmed out injured for around three weeks. The good news for the French coach is that Vallejo will almost certainly come in to partner Varane, and Madrid have a three-goal cushion to hold onto from the first leg.
Rodrigo Bentancur will also miss the game following the accumulation of bookings but will be naturally replaced by first choice Pjanic, who missed the first leg.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans angry over Bale's "childish" antics - Calderon
- Premier League Mourinho's call for 'respect' as he sends warning to Klopp and Pep
- GIMNASIA LP Diego Maradona u-turn to stay at Gimnasia
- REAL MADRID Eden Hazard: "PSG wanted me but I've always said no"
- Premier League Solskjaer, not Pochettino, is right man for Man Utd - Rashford
- Real Madrid Gareth Bale's agent says flag celebration was 'for the media'