Vallejo makes Real squad for Juventus in Champions League
The 21-year-old defender will be called on to start against the Serie A side in the Bernabéu in the absence of Sergio Ramos and Nacho.
Jesús Vallejo passed a fitness test on Tuesday and has been named in Zinedine Zidane’s Real Madrid squad for the visit of Juventus to the Bernabéu.
The 21-year-old had been struggling with a muscle problem that ruled him out of the Madrid derby at the weekend but will now be called upon to start against the Italian champions alongside Raphael Varane, with Sergio Ramos suspended and Nacho injured.
The Champions League return leg will pose the biggest test yet for Vallejo’s fledgling career: he has never played in the competition before.
Lucas Vázquez has also been included on Zidane’s list after finishing the derby with an ankle problem.
The absentees from Zidane’s 19-man squad are Achraf Hakimi, Dani Ceballos and Borja Mayoral.
Real Madrid squad for Juventus:
Keepers: Keylor Navas, Kiko Casilla, Luca Zidane.
Defenders: Dani Carvajal, Jesús Vallejo, Raphael Varane, Marcelo, Theo Hernández.
Midfielders: Casemiro, Marcos Llorente, Toni Kroos, Luka Modric, Mateo Kovacic, Marco Asensio, Isco.
Forwards: Lucas Vázquez, Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?