A 'fear clause' is the agreement between two clubs that a loan player will not be able to play against their parent club. Real Madrid and Bayern Munich will meet in the Champions League semi-final and Colombia international James Rodríguez is on loan at Bayern from the LaLiga side.
James availability good news for Heynckes
James will be available in both legs of the semi-final because UEFA does not allow such clauses to take effect in its competitions.
The first leg will take place at the Allianz Arena on 25 April, with the return at the Bernabéu on 1 May.
The No.10's availability is good news for Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes, who will be replaced by Niko Kovac at the end of the season. James has been a consistent performer for the recently-crowned Bundesliga champions throughout the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona president Bartomeu considering his future
- England Greenwood should not have been called up by England, says Solskjaer
- BUNDESLIGA Thiago pens emotive Bayern farewell as Liverpool move looms
- Mourinho blasts Spurs' schedule as a 'total joke'
- Coronavirus Scientists dismiss theory that coronavirus was developed in Chinese labs
- CORONAVIRUS How has Joe Biden proposed vaccine distribution?