Football agent Pini Zahavi has discussed the reasons behind Neymar’s move from Barcelona to PSG in an interview with Polish newspaper Przeglad Sportowy. Zahavi, who represents Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski, was involved in the world-record transfer that took place in the summer of 2017.
Messi, Cristiano, Neymar can't be together
“Neymar has done what he’s done for one sole reason,” said Zahavi. “Right now there are three big stars: Messi, Cristiano, and Neymar, and they can’t play at the same club.
“At Barça, Neymar was always the number two behind Leo, for taking free-kicks, penalties, and everything else.”
The 74-year-old Israeli also stated that Neymar will remain at PSG next season, and emphasised his importance to Ligue 1.
“He arrived in Spain as a young player, later he progressed and made himself great. Now he’s 26 years old and has eight or nine years at the top level left in his legs.
“He needs independence and PSG have big plans. Before Neymar arrived nobody followed Ligue 1 apart from the French.”
Zahavi known as a tough negotiator
Zahavi, who is working to secure Lewandowski a summer move to Real Madrid, has been involved in football since 1979 and has forged a reputation as a tough negotiator.
He represented Rio Ferdinand throughout the centre-half’s career, and was also involved with the purchase of Chelsea by Roman Abramovich.
Te recomendamos en English
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why does McConnell advise against the deal?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how can I track my early vote ballot?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho dismisses 'Spursy' tag but says defending must improve
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020