Bayern's Vidal out for rest of season after surgery
Bayern Munich will have to cope without Arturo Vidal for the remainder of the season after having an operation on a knee injury.
Arturo Vidal miss will the rest of Bayern Munich's season after having surgery on his knee, ruling him out of the Champions League semi-final with Real Madrid.
The Chile midfielder has scored six times in 22 top-flight appearances for the Bundesliga champions this season but last featured domestically in the 2-1 defeat at RB Leipzig a month ago.
Vidal returned for the first leg of Bayern's Champions League quarter-final triumph against Sevilla but was substituted after 36 minutes and aggravated his knee problem during training at the weekend.
A tweet posted by Bayern read: "Get well soon, @kingarturo23.
"Vidal underwent surgery on his knee yesterday, ruling him out for the rest of the season."
In a statement on their official website, Bayern declared the operation to repair Vidal's "rear lateral meniscus" to be a success.
The 30-year-old will have an extended off-season in which to recuperate after Copa America holders Chile missed out on a place at the 2018 World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates