Salah finds the net again to equal Premier League scoring record
Liverpool star Mohamed Salah has moved level with Cristiano Ronaldo, Alan Shearer and Luis Suarez in the Premier League record books.
Mohamed Salah equalled the Premier League record for most goals in a 38-game season after taking his tally to 31 in Liverpool's 2-2 draw with West Brom on Saturday.
In fine company
The Egyptian forward moved level with Cristiano Ronaldo, Alan Shearer and Luis Suárez in the record books thanks to a delightful chipped finish over goalkeeper Ben Foster. His 72nd-minute strike doubled Jurgen Klopp's side lead at The Hawthorns, though the visitors were pegged back by the bottom club in the closing stages as honours ended even.
Shearer set the benchmark in the 1995-96 season while at Blackburn Rovers, with Ronaldo matching the England international's feat in Manchester United's title-winning campaign in 2007-08.
Suárez scored 31 when Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool finished second to Manchester City in 2013-14, though Salah has matched that tally with three games still to play.
31 – Mohamed Salah has scored 31 Premier League goals this season – the joint-most by a player in a 38-game PL campaign (also Alan Shearer 95-96, Cristiano Ronaldo 07-08, Luis Suarez 13-14). Elite. pic.twitter.com/6xq5A1WTJe— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) April 21, 2018
Liverpool still have Chelsea to play, with the trip to Stamford Bridge sandwiched in between home fixtures against Stoke City and Brighton and Hove Albion.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In