Bernd Leno: Atlético Madrid well placed to sign Leverkusen 'keeper
Diego Simeone is preparing for the possible departure of goalkeeper Jan Oblak, and Atleti have moved ahead Napoli in the race for the Bayer Leverkusen stopper.
Bernd Leno, one of the highest-rated goalkeepers in the Bundesliga, looks set for a change of scenery and Atlético Madrid are ahead of Napoli in the race to secure his signature.
According to Bild, the Bayer Leverkusen 'keeper is likely to make use of the exit clause in his contract this summer. Leno is under contract until 2020 and could leave for as little as €20 million.
Atlético's incumbent goalkeeper, Jan Oblak, has been heavily linked with a €100m move to PSG and has done little to quash those rumours. If the Slovenian leaves the Wanda Metropolitano, Atlético Madrid appear to have a replacement - and a tidy profit - lined up.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?