El Transistor are sure that Real Madrid will sign a keeper this summer
José Ramón de la Morena believes that Kiko Casilla will leave this summer and says that Real Madrid will need a goalkeeper with Thibaut Courtois on the list.
According to José Ramón de la Morena on El Transistor on Onda Cero, he is "sure that Real Madrid will sign goalkeeper next season." Meanwhile, the future of Keylor Navas as the Real Madrid keeper is in the air despite some excellent performances recently. The same show is sure that Kiko Casilla will look for a new home given his lack of opportunities.
That does not mean that the Costa Rican will lack competition, however, and according to reports, Thibaut Courtois will return to Madrid to play at the Santiago Bernabeu. Reportedly, the Belgian has informed Chelsea that he wants to sign for Real Madrid and he does not want to renew with the Premier League side. That means he would potentially leave for free next summer and Chelsea will try to avoid that from happening.
If Chelsea do decide to allow Courtois' contract to expire, Navas would be the number one for another year. If Casilla leaves though, it would mean Real Madrid have to sign a back-up keeper. According to De La Morena, "Courtois has told Chelsea that he is willing to continue for another year before leaving on a free next year."
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: Simone Biles, medal winners, athletes and results, 27 July