It has been 18 months since Santi Cazorla injured himself and had to undergo surgery. Nothing, it seems, has gone right since then and he has been rocked with setback after setback and 11 surgeries in total to rectify the problems. The Spanish midfielder spoke to El Larguero on Cadena SER about his recovery.
"I will go bit by bit with the injury," he said after he had returned to Oviedo to continue his recovery and he spoke after Atlético Madrid knocked Arsenal out of the Europa League on Thursday night. "It's a tough one for us tonight," he admitted.
The 33-year-old's contract expires at the end of the season and he admits his future is in the air. "I finish my contract in June and I don't know anything about my future," he admits. "We will see but at the moment, nobody has offered me anything at Arsenal." Arsene Wenger previously said Cazorla's injury was the worst he had ever seen and there are a number of reasons why a new deal is complicated.
Finally, Cazorla was asked about the possibility of returning to Spain, "Well, right now I am only thinking about returning to play football," he responded.