Juventus star Lichtsteiner says no to Borussia Dortmund
Stephan Lichtsteiner has ruled out joining a Chinese club or Borussia Dortmund when he leaves Juventus this summer.
Stephan Lichtsteiner says he will not join Borussia Dortmund in the transfer window after failing to reach an agreement with the Bundesliga club.
Full-back Lichtsteiner in search of club
The Switzerland international is leaving Juventus at the end of his contract in June and has already confirmed he will not join another club in Serie A.
Dortmund were said to be leading the race for the full-back but it appears a potential deal has fallen through.
"I'm not going to BVB," he told Blick. "We couldn't come to an agreement. There's nothing more to say about that."
China not an option
Lichtsteiner also confirmed he has no desire to "chase money" by joining a club in the Chinese Super League.
"I'm definitely not going to China," said the 34-year-old. "I don't chase money and I need a certain quality of life in my next move.
"My wife and my children need to feel good, which wouldn't be the case in China. And I don't need more money."
Lichtsteiner could make his final appearance for Serie A champions Juve on Saturday, when they host Hellas Verona.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands