24,268 Real Madrid season ticket holders initially entered the ballot to secure one of the 12,802 Champions League final tickets made available via the LaLiga side but the logistical complication and inflated costs in getting to the Ukrainian capital has seen many of those allocated with a final ticket to return it to the club. More than two thousand fans have returned their allocation citing a series of logistical issues as their reasoning.
Real Madrid initially destined the allocation to those season ticket holders numbering between 1.563-5.015 but given the situation that has been now extended to all season ticket holders with cards numbering 5.804 through to 6.505.
Given the limited time available in organising both transport to and from Kiev coupled with the already complicated accommodation situation it's feasible that Real Madrid may not utilise their UEFA allocated match ticket quota. A similar situation arose in the Europa League final where Atletico Madrid failed to use over 1,300 of their allocation for the Lyon final. In the case of the match in the French city it was fear of problems with the hardcore Marseille fans combined with the midweek kick-off that wore cited as deterrents by the Atleti fans.
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest