Could Zidane have a €200m offer from Qatar?
Telecoms tycoon Naguib Sawiris has claimed on Twitter that Zinedine Zidane will take charge of the Qatari national team until the 2022 World Cup. DC United vs LA Galaxy (Rooney vs Zlatan): MLS Game live online
Following his decision to step down as manager of Real Madrid, Zinedine Zidane said he plans to take a one-year sabbatical from football. But if the words of one Egyptian multimillionaire hold some truth, an incredible offer could be on the table from the Qatar Football Association which might change his mind.
Telecoms tycoon Naguib Sawiris surprised the world of Twitter with his message: “Zidane joining Qatar to coach national team for World Cup 2022. 50mn a year over 4 years ... Money talks?”
What would this mean for Xavi Hernandez?
If Sawiris is correct, Zidane would earn a staggering 200 million euros for taking charge of the Qatar national side until the World Cup in 2022. It would also mean that Qatar would bring a halt to its plan to bring in Xavi Hernandez as the national team coach. The ex-Barcelona star has just renewed his contract with Qatari club side Al Sadd, and will, as it stands, coach the national team from January until the 2022 World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Modric ban leaves Zidane with a dilemna
- MANCHESTER UNITED Martial and Rashford driving each other on for Man United
- MLS Is Zlatan's time with LA Galaxy about to end?
- MLS Carlos Vela's Messi-like goal will go down in MLS history
- REAL MADRID PSG deep in talks with Keylor Navas
- FOOTBALL Former Ghana international Junior Agogo dies, aged 40