Following his decision to step down as manager of Real Madrid, Zinedine Zidane said he plans to take a one-year sabbatical from football. But if the words of one Egyptian multimillionaire hold some truth, an incredible offer could be on the table from the Qatar Football Association which might change his mind.
Telecoms tycoon Naguib Sawiris surprised the world of Twitter with his message: “Zidane joining Qatar to coach national team for World Cup 2022. 50mn a year over 4 years ... Money talks?”
What would this mean for Xavi Hernandez?
If Sawiris is correct, Zidane would earn a staggering 200 million euros for taking charge of the Qatar national side until the World Cup in 2022. It would also mean that Qatar would bring a halt to its plan to bring in Xavi Hernandez as the national team coach. The ex-Barcelona star has just renewed his contract with Qatari club side Al Sadd, and will, as it stands, coach the national team from January until the 2022 World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League United worry ahead of Liverpool game as De Gea limps off for Spain
- Spain U-21 Barcelona teenage sensation Ansu Fati makes Spain U-21 debut
- PSG Tuchel: "It's not nice to hear Neymar saying he wants to leave"
- FOOTBALL UEFA charge Bulgaria over racist chants and Nazi salutes
- Euro 2020 Euro 2020 qualifying tables
- BARCELONA Barcelona planning 589 km bus trip to Eibar