Following his decision to step down as manager of Real Madrid, Zinedine Zidane said he plans to take a one-year sabbatical from football. But if the words of one Egyptian multimillionaire hold some truth, an incredible offer could be on the table from the Qatar Football Association which might change his mind.
Telecoms tycoon Naguib Sawiris surprised the world of Twitter with his message: “Zidane joining Qatar to coach national team for World Cup 2022. 50mn a year over 4 years ... Money talks?”
What would this mean for Xavi Hernandez?
If Sawiris is correct, Zidane would earn a staggering 200 million euros for taking charge of the Qatar national side until the World Cup in 2022. It would also mean that Qatar would bring a halt to its plan to bring in Xavi Hernandez as the national team coach. The ex-Barcelona star has just renewed his contract with Qatari club side Al Sadd, and will, as it stands, coach the national team from January until the 2022 World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side