Following his decision to step down as manager of Real Madrid, Zinedine Zidane said he plans to take a one-year sabbatical from football. But if the words of one Egyptian multimillionaire hold some truth, an incredible offer could be on the table from the Qatar Football Association which might change his mind.
Telecoms tycoon Naguib Sawiris surprised the world of Twitter with his message: “Zidane joining Qatar to coach national team for World Cup 2022. 50mn a year over 4 years ... Money talks?”
What would this mean for Xavi Hernandez?
If Sawiris is correct, Zidane would earn a staggering 200 million euros for taking charge of the Qatar national side until the World Cup in 2022. It would also mean that Qatar would bring a halt to its plan to bring in Xavi Hernandez as the national team coach. The ex-Barcelona star has just renewed his contract with Qatari club side Al Sadd, and will, as it stands, coach the national team from January until the 2022 World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Paris still displaying Neymar love
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Spanish government say Clásico at Camp Nou is 'not sensible'
- BARCELONA Barcelona change Eibar travel plans to avoid Catalan strike
- PREMIER LEAGUE Dier urges Spurs to "embrace the situation" they have created
- FC Barcelona Messi's greatest goals across 15 years at Camp Nou
- SERIE A Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"