Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the few players in the current Real Madrid squad who is eyeing the club's willingness to sign Neymar Jr with suspicion and, based on the financial implications involved, some disbelief.
Cristiano not supporting Neymar move
Indeed, in the days leading up to the Champions League final in Kiev, the Portugal star was in no doubt when asked by Josep Pedrerol how he would feel about the Brazilian's arrival and the prospect of lining up alongside him in the Madrid attack. After a notable pause, Cristiano gave a somewhat cold reply:
"Every September there is always talk about 50 players who are going to come, and in the end none of them do. It's been shown that those it's the same players who get us to finals."
In case there was any doubt, Cristiano added to this later in the interview:
"The best players are already at Real Madrid: Bale, Benzema, Asensio... They are all here."
One of the things that bothers the current Ballon d'Or holder about the Neymar pursuit is the potential outlay by his club of 350 million euros for his signature, especially as they are yet to agree to an improvement in the number seven's existing contract. Cristiano currently earns 21 million euros, while Neymar is on 37 million at PSG.
Cristiano Ronaldo is currently on duty with Portugal as they prepare for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Bruno Fernandes offered to Real Madrid
- BARCELONA Messi returns to full training with Barcelona ahead of Betis clash
- LALIGA No Clásicos for UK viewers as LaLiga broadcasts pulled
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane starting to change his opinion about James
- REAL MADRID Gareth Bale to captain Wales in next month's Euro 2020 qualifiers
- RIVALDO "It would be great for Ronaldo to have Neymar by his side" - Rivaldo