Barcelona are out to secure the summer signing of Boca Juniors and Argentina forward Cristian Pavón, according to a report in the South American country.
Speaking on Radio Continental, the journalist Leo Paradizo this week claimed that Barça have made contact with Boca in the wake of glowing references from international team-mate and current Blaugrana star Lionel Messi.
Messi a firm admirer of international colleague Pavón
"I've found a new partner in Pavón, he's a really good player," Messi said of Pavón - who is in Argentina's World Cup squad alongside 'La Pulga' - after the pair helped the Albiceleste to a 4-0 win over Haiti in a Russia 2018 warm-up last month.
"He's very quick and is different to what we have in the squad."
Messi had also had words of praise for the 22-year-old following Argentina's friendly victory against Russia back in November, declaring: "With the qualities he has, Pavón could be a really important player for the national team.
"He's not only really quick, but his decision-making is also excellent."
A "dream" to play with Messi for Argentina, says Pavón
For his part, Pavón - who finished as the top assist-provider in the 2017/18 Argentinian Superliga as Boca were crowned champions - has revealed that it is a "dream" to play with Messi for the two-time World Cup winners.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 4 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 4 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 4 April
- Coronavirus Coronavirus live updates today: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?