Barcelona are out to secure the summer signing of Boca Juniors and Argentina forward Cristian Pavón, according to a report in the South American country.
Speaking on Radio Continental, the journalist Leo Paradizo this week claimed that Barça have made contact with Boca in the wake of glowing references from international team-mate and current Blaugrana star Lionel Messi.
Messi a firm admirer of international colleague Pavón
"I've found a new partner in Pavón, he's a really good player," Messi said of Pavón - who is in Argentina's World Cup squad alongside 'La Pulga' - after the pair helped the Albiceleste to a 4-0 win over Haiti in a Russia 2018 warm-up last month.
"He's very quick and is different to what we have in the squad."
Messi had also had words of praise for the 22-year-old following Argentina's friendly victory against Russia back in November, declaring: "With the qualities he has, Pavón could be a really important player for the national team.
"He's not only really quick, but his decision-making is also excellent."
A "dream" to play with Messi for Argentina, says Pavón
For his part, Pavón - who finished as the top assist-provider in the 2017/18 Argentinian Superliga as Boca were crowned champions - has revealed that it is a "dream" to play with Messi for the two-time World Cup winners.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live