Barcelona are out to secure the summer signing of Boca Juniors and Argentina forward Cristian Pavón, according to a report in the South American country.
Speaking on Radio Continental, the journalist Leo Paradizo this week claimed that Barça have made contact with Boca in the wake of glowing references from international team-mate and current Blaugrana star Lionel Messi.
Messi a firm admirer of international colleague Pavón
"I've found a new partner in Pavón, he's a really good player," Messi said of Pavón - who is in Argentina's World Cup squad alongside 'La Pulga' - after the pair helped the Albiceleste to a 4-0 win over Haiti in a Russia 2018 warm-up last month.
"He's very quick and is different to what we have in the squad."
Messi had also had words of praise for the 22-year-old following Argentina's friendly victory against Russia back in November, declaring: "With the qualities he has, Pavón could be a really important player for the national team.
"He's not only really quick, but his decision-making is also excellent."
A "dream" to play with Messi for Argentina, says Pavón
For his part, Pavón - who finished as the top assist-provider in the 2017/18 Argentinian Superliga as Boca were crowned champions - has revealed that it is a "dream" to play with Messi for the two-time World Cup winners.
Te recomendamos en English
- euro 2020 Magic moment when Mbappé and Cristiano exchange shirts
- GOLD CUP Is Alphonso Davies playing at the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup?
- EURO 2020 Daei congratulates Ronaldo after star equals international goals record
- NBA Young erupts for 48-point double-double as Hawks beat Bucks in Game 1
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Paul cleared to play Game 3, Clippers' Kawhi ruled out again
- EURO 2020 Benzema's "pride and joy" at ending long France wait