Alarm bells for Germany over Özil injury
The Arsenal player is suffering with a back problem and German daily Bild report that he has failed to train with his squad-mates in the past four days.
Concern is growing in Germany over the fitness level of Mesut Özil. According to German daily Bild, the Arsenal player has failed to train with the rest of the squad for the past four days. The German FA maintain that he is still suffering from a back problem which saw him miss the final part of the season with club side Arsenal but Bild claim that a knee problem is the real reason for the player's absence from training.
Özil sustained a knock to his knee after a clash with Sebastian Prödl during last weekend's friendly gama against Austria. Despite the knock occurring in the 42nd minute of the game Ozil carried on playing and wasn't subbed until the 76th minute of action..
Germany kick-off their Russia 2018 campaign on Sunday June 17 where they face Mexico. South Korea and Sweden are the other Group F opponents for Die Mannschaft who are looking to retain their World Cup crown.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Mexico to battle for bronze in Olympic softball
- OLYMPIC GAMES What the USWNT needs to advance to the quarter-finals at Tokyo 2020
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Who is in the USA golf team at the Tokyo Olympics 2021?