Real Madrid have reportedly offered Cristiano Ronaldo a new contract that would see his annual earnings rise to a potential 32.5m euros.
25 million euros plus 7.5 million in incentives, says Lama
Speaking on the Cadena COPE radio show 'El Partidazo' on Friday, the journalist Manolo Lama claimed that Real have offered the forward a basic salary of 25m euros a year, plus a further 7.5m in incentivised add-ons.
The proposed series of bonuses is said to break down as follows: 2m for winning the Champions League, 1.5m for LaLiga, 1m for the Copa del Rey, 1m each for the Ballon d'Or and Fifa's The Best Player prize and 500,000 for the Trofeo Pichichi, with another 500,000 tied into an appearances target.
Cristiano, who is currently preparing for the World Cup with Portugal, is seeking an increase on his present, 21m-euro Real wage that would bring him closer to fellow stars Lionel Messi and Neymar, who are on around 40m each at Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain, respectively.
Situation "complicated, but can be turned around"
More than anything else, the 33-year-old's unhappiness over his contract is a matter of status, explained Lama, who quoted the player's camp as admitting he "could earn what he isn't getting from the club by doing a couple of adverts".
Following seemingly unproductive talks between his agent, Jorge Mendes, and Real this week, the Portuguese newspaper Record reported that the ex-Manchester United man had made the "irreversible" decision to leave the Bernabéu.
However, Lama revealed that the situation "is very complicated, but can still be turned around".
Te recomendamos en English
- Ronaldo makes history to keep Pirlo believing in Juve's Scudetto chances
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: updates on relief bill Senate negotiation
- 2021 Tax Filing Tax Return 2021: how long does it take to get refund? Expected dates
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 When will the IRS send out the enhanced Child Tax Credit?
- 2021 Tax Filing How to claim a stimulus check from the IRS on a 2020 tax return
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live