Lopetegui is ready for Real Madrid job – Del Bosque
Vicente del Bosque backed Julen Lopetegui to do a good job for Spain and Real Madrid.
Julen Lopetegui is ready for the Real Madrid job and his move will not impact his work with Spain at the World Cup, according to Vicente del Bosque.
Real Madrid won't affect Russia glory
Lopetegui was named as Zinedine Zidane's successor at the European champions in a surprise announcement on Tuesday.
The 51-year-old signed a three-year deal at Madrid and will take over after the World Cup.
'Huge blow to the national team'— AS English (@English_AS) 13 June 2018
No surprise what makes today's front cover after Real Madrid confirm Lopetegui will swap country for club. RFEF president Rubiales tried to delay the announcement till after the #WorldCuphttps://t.co/RRWm4VJTpb pic.twitter.com/HktSXUcCCf
Del Bosque, the former Madrid and Spain boss, feels ex-Porto coach Lopetegui is ready for the challenge of leading the LaLiga giants.
"I am convinced that Lopetegui will do the same role, it will not affect him," he told Onda Cero.
He added: "I always lean towards the Spanish coaches. I think Lopetegui is ready to train Real Madrid."
Lopetegui will lead a Spain side considered among the World Cup favourites in Russia, where they face Portugal, Morocco and Iran in Group B.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"