Negotiations between Real Madrid and Roma over the transfer of Brazil goalkeeper Alisson Becker are at an advanced stage, AS understands, with the 25-year-old’s international teammates already aware that the deal is close to being finalised.
Roma have given permission to the player’s representative, José Maria Neis, to speak to the Bernabéu board and a fee of around 70 million euros was being mentioned to tempt the Serie A club into doing business.
This morning at a restaurant in Naples, Roma president James Pallotta, comfirmed the rumours were true to a group of journalists from Areanapoli.it: “Alisson has a high market value, around 78 millones. He is close to Real Madrid, while [Radja] Nainggolan will join Inter Milan”.
However the president later said he'd only been joking when he made the comments."I have read with much amusement the quotes attributed to me about the transfer market," he said in a statement on the club's official Twitter account.
"In fact I was joking around with a group of guys and responded sarcastically with a reference to the popular rumours on Twitter and in the papers since I've been in Italy.
"There was nothing serious about anything I said whilst making pizza. Just stupid American humour that some don't get."
Liverpool also interested in Alisson
Alisson spoke to reporters in Russia ahead of Brazil’s World Cup opener and said that he has yet to decide whether to remain at Roma but that he would like his club future to be clarified before the Canarinha take on Switzerland on Sunday.
Real Madrid do not have a clear run at Alisson though, with Liverpool also holding an interest in the Brazil number one. Jürgen Klopp is in the market for a new keeper and has the 160-million-euro fee Barcelona paid for Philippe Coutinho burning a hole in his pocket, which could spark a bidding war between the two Champions League finalists.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE What is the lowest minimum wage in the US and what did Trump and Biden say about raising it?
- Coronavirus FDA approves coronavirus drug treatment: how does remdesivir help fight covid-19?
- US Election 2020 What did Trump and Biden say about North Korea, Russia, China and Iran in the debate?
- CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CLASICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Clásico preview, team news, predicted XIs