Rodrygo: Santos set to explain Real Madrid move today
Santos president José Carlos Peres is expected to hold a press conference outlining the details of the forward's anticipated switch.
The president of Brazilian club Santos is set to hold a press conference on Friday to outline the details of Real Madrid's expected signing of 17-year-old starlet Rodrygo.
Gazeta Esportiva and Globoesporte both say that José Carlos Peres is to appear before the media in Sao Paulo to discuss the move, which neither club has so far officially confirmed.
Rodrygo agent confirms Real deal worth 45m euros
Earlier this week, Rodrygo's agent, Nick Arcuri, confirmed to Esporte Interativo that Santos had accepted a bid from Los Blancos to purchase the Brazil Under-17 international in a deal worth around 45 million euros.
"We had offers from Liverpool, PSG and Barcelona," he said, "but they did not reach what Santos had asked for. Barcelona in particular had been linked with the player for some time.
"15 days ago, Madrid came in, met with the president and made a proposal, which was of the value that Santos had always desired. Last week, the player had his medical after which Santos gave the green light."
Rodrygo to stay at Santos until summer 2019
Arcuri also revealed that the winger is to remain at Santos until he has turned 18, before arriving in Spain in summer 2019.
As was also the case when Neymar left Santos for Barcelona, there is also thought to be a plan to schedule friendly games between the two clubs involved in the deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United