Paulinho could be about to leave Barcelona. According to journalist Roger Torelló, writing for Mundo Deportivo, Kia Joorabchian, the player’s agent, has recently presented an offer to the bosses at the Camp Nou for the Brazilian. The identity of the team making the ‘eye-watering’ offer hasn’t been revealed, but Paulinho has given the green light to the move being made to Barcelona, with the sum expected to be in excess of the 40 million euros Barça paid for him.
Barcelona faced with Paulinho choice
The Catalan giants are now presented with a choice: keep the player, who despite his relatively small price tag was a major performer on the pitch last season, or cash in, with a tasty influx of money to be used to find a Griezmann clone, after the Frenchman turned them down (in a TV special).
What’s certain is that the arrival of this offer for Paulinho has created an unexpected situation. He doesn’t have an assured place in the starting line-up, but he’s a solid midfielder, bringing balance and attacking threat to the team, and he’s well-liked in the dressing room. All eyes now await Barcelona’s reaction.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid