French journalist Baptiste Ripart reported that Real Madrid and PSG had reached an agreement for the transfer of Kylian Mbappé for 272 million euros. Within hours, the Spanish club issued an official statement denying the news.
Mbappé for Madrid
"Exclusive: Real Madrid has agreed a 272M € deal for Mbappé," Riparte wrote on his Twitter account, adding, "They will pay the transfer in 4 payments."
English 🇬🇧: Real Madrid has agreed a 272M € deal for Mbappé. They will pay the transfer in 4 payments.— Baptiste Ripart (@RipartBaptiste) 3 de julio de 2018
The impressive performances of Mbappé in the World Cup have been catching the eye but the French youngster has been on the radar of Los Blancos for some time. Potential FFP problems in the Paris and a possible Cristiano sale to Juventus had seemed to put Madrid back on track for the forward, one who was close to joining last summer. But the club have denied the statement.
Mbappé and Neymar: Madrid denial
Whether Baptiste Ripart has an inside track on the goings on with French players or not is yet to be seen, but there is a feeling that this 'new' Real Madrid could return to the Galactico market this transfer window. Following the official communication, some commentators have questioned why they would do this when so many rumours are circulated each week without denials, also referencing a similar one just two days before regarding Neymar.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Aubameyang out of hospital and feeling good after malaria diagnosis - Arteta
- FOOTBALL Pogba unable to explain 'strange' relationship with Mourinho
- NBA Warriors rookie Wiseman undergoes season-ending knee surgery
- TAX SEASON 2021 Why is my tax return still being processed?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, my turn...